Outokumpu announces new Leadership Team
by Hans Diederichs
New strategy to be published on November 5
As part of Outokumpu’s strategy process, the company has appointed new Outokumpu leadership Team (OLT) to ensure diligent strategy execution in order to improve Outokumpu’s competitiveness and financial performance.
As of October 1, 2020, Outokumpu Leadership Team consists of the following persons and roles: Continuing members in the leadership team are:
- Heikki Malinen, President and CEO
· Pia Aaltonen-Forsell, Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
· Jan Hofmann, Chief Strategy Officer
· Johann Steiner, Chief Human Resources Officer
New members appointed to the leadership team are:
- Thomas Anstots, Executive Vice President, Commercial, business area Europe
· Stefan Erdmann, Chief Technology Officer
· Martti Sassi, President, business area Ferrochrome
· Niklas Wass, Executive Vice President, Operations, business area Europe
· Tamara Weinert, Acting President, business area Americas
Highlighting the importance of Outokumpu’s European operations, the business area will have three representatives in the Leadership Team – CEO Heikki Malinen as the head of business area Europe, Niklas Wass as Head of Operations and Thomas Anstots as Head of Commercial.
Tamara Weinert has been appointed acting President for business area Americas as of October 1, 2020. Olli-Matti Saksi who has been leading the business area since 2019 is currently on medical leave until further notice.
CVs and further information on the Outokumpu leadership team are presented on the company website: www.outokumpu.com/en/about-outokumpu/organization/leadership-team.
Says CEO Heikki Malinen: “Our new leadership team and governance model aim for faster decision making, efficient strategy execution and tight monitoring of progress. The new leadership team members who have been appointed from within the company have wealth of expertise and knowledge in their respective areas, and I am excited to work with them in our joint journey.”
The current business area-based segment structure will continue, and as a result there will be no changes to Outokumpu’s financial reporting.
Outokumpu will announce its new strategy on November 5, 2020 in connection with the company’s third-quarter interim report.
Source and photo: Outokumpu Oyj