Swiss Steel Group: Leading global position in long steel and special products
by David Fleschen
Every year Christoph Müller, professor of economics at the University of Sankt Gallen, compiles the ranking of world market leaders. To be considered a world market leader, a company must be number one or two in terms of turnover in at least one relevant market segment (not in all business areas). At least 50 percent of the annual turnover - at least EUR 50 million - must be generated abroad and on three continents. The companies must have at least part of their registered office in Germany; this applies accordingly to Austria and Switzerland.
On 1 and 2 February 2023, the "Summit Meeting of World Market Leaders" will take place in Schwäbisch Hall. The Swiss Steel Group will be taking part.
As market leader close to customers worldwide
Swiss Steel Group is active on 6 continents with around 10,000 employees and generates annual sales of approximately EUR 4.0 billion. The corporate structure of Swiss Steel Group is divided into three divisions: Stainless Steel, Tool Steel and Engineering Steel. As a producer of high-quality steel products, Swiss Steel Group owns eight steelworks in six production assets and numerous processing plants in Europe and North America. These include;
- Ascometal: Five sites in France. Engineering steel, rolling bearing steel.
- Deutsche Edelstahlwerke: Five locations in Germany. Rust and acid heat resistant stainless steels, engineering steels, tool steels.
- Finkl Steel: One location each in the USA and Canada. Tool steel in large dimensions.
- Steeltec: Several locations in Switzerland, Germany, Turkey, Sweden, Denmark. Engineering and free-cutting steel, special bright steels.
- Ugitech: Several locations in France. Stainless long products.
Worldwide, the company supports its customers along the entire value chain. With over 70 sales and service branches in more than 30 countries worldwide, Swiss Steel Group can guarantee the reliable supply of special steels and complete customer solutions. A dense network of worldwide distribution channels in the most important markets and an uninterrupted flow of information between Production and Sales & Services guarantee Swiss Steel Group customers individual solutions from a single source. The range of services offered at the distribution locations also includes downstream processing such as sawing, milling, hardening and just-in-time deliveries.
Source and Photo: Swiss Steel Group